Friday, April 30, 2010

Hip-Hop's Fallen Soulja

After suffering a severe heart attack on this past Monday, rap icon Guru founder of the rap group Gangstarr dies at the age of 48 due to cancer- related causes. I didn't know much about the group in its early existence in the late 80's but I had the chance to experience their music in the 90's. Along side Dj Premiere rap group Gangstarr helped to define the sound for New York hip-hop on the underground circuit. The rap group worked solo as much as they collaborated, one of their lastest projects people may be familiar with is The Ownerz which was released in 2003. Their music inspired individuality and instilled a sense of pride in the black community. The values you have set for future artist will be much appreciated and the game will never be the same without you. R.I.P Guru a true hip-hop pioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment